Stranded - Alex Kava Read my full review: http://bit.ly/19nFtqC3.5/5 StarsMy opinion: This is my first Alex Kava book. In my Goodreads groups, she is mentioned frequently, but I had never had the opportunity to read one of them until I noticed a chance to review her newest book, Stranded. I am happy I did. While I do consider the writing to be lighter than most mysteries I enjoy and I did figure out the ending very early in my reading, I enjoyed the ride of the book. I found the writing to be quick paced and the characters somewhat complex. One other aspect I wanted to see in this series is if this book could be read as a stand-alone book or were her characters so complex that this was a series which needed to be read in order. I am happy to report that this is a book that could be read as a stand alone without feeling as though I was missing out on critical character information.At the beginning, I became extremely excited at the how twisted the author went in the description of the crime. That did not last and a somewhat predictable path began. I will say that I could have done without the romance, but it seems if I read a female mystery writer (with the exception of a very few), I just have to accept the romance aspect of it without the "twistedness". While this series is probably not one I would read from the beginning, as compulsively as I have some, this is definitely an author I would not turn away.