The Homecoming - Carsten Stroud My opinion: I must be honest; I feel it would be unfair for me to review or give a recommendation of this book. I didn't enjoy the book BUT I didn't realize that this was part of a series prior to starting it. Because of this, I didn't read the first book in the series prior to starting The Homecoming. Two reviewers who had reviewed this book AND read the first book, Niceville, gave it an enthusiastic 5 stars and "SQUEES". They did make very strong points that this book was a continuation of the first book.Here is what I can confirm-this book is INCREDIBLY character driven. Probably one of the most character driven books I have read in a very long time. I will say that I did love the deep depiction of the characters in this book. It almost felt that one was in the room looking in at what was occurring, BUT I felt like I had walked into a play after intermission. On that note: I did enjoy the premise of this book so I will be reading Niceville when I have a break in my reading lists and then rereading/rating this one. I didn't feel it was fair to hold off in my review though.