The Selected Letters of Willa Cather - Willa Cather As Willa Cather is my favorite writer, period, I knew I had to read this book. On that note, this is probably the slowest book I have ever read. In order to grasp every nook and cranny of the book, I read approximately 10 pages per day. This woman's insight is extensive and made me love her even more. Although, I must admit that there was something pretty skeezy about this book being released after the author clearly stated IN A WILL that she didn't want the letters reproduced, it was such a pleasure to have further insight into what made Willa Cather...Willa Cather. I have to admit that I was really torn on the rating I was going to give this book due to the ethical concerns this placed, but in the end, I focused on the content and knowledge I gained to deeper understand this dynamic author.I wouldn't be shocked if this is a book that I would read numerous times and actually plan on purchasing it for my personal library so I can make notes in it. Hopefully next time it won't take me 2.5 months!