A Death in the Lucky Holiday Hotel: Murder, Money, and an Epic Power Struggle in China - Pin Ho, Wenguang Huang Read my full review: http://bit.ly/14WUqy3My rating: 4 Stars, but damn near 5! My opinion: When this book first started off, I thought I would be reading a true crime novel. Instead what I got was a history of the Communist party in China. Then...it got really, really interesting! What the authors started to unravel was a deep-seated corruption and "misbehaving" abound. By the time they got to the murder, I was so deeply entrenched in the corruption of the Chinese Communist Party that I was like "Go back, Go back!" and the murder was almost an afterthought.I found this a slower read for me because of trying to keep the names straight. As Americans might not be familiar with the Chinese Communist Party, I almost felt it would have been helpful to have a cast of characters with a tree as to where they ranked in the party, as well as a timeline of key events. In my opinion, it would have made the read go much quicker, as I could have referred back to it with questions.