Creating Room to Read: A Story of Hope in the Battle for Global Literacy - John Wood Read my full review @ http://bit.ly/VVZHnyMy opinion: I normally try to keep my blog for reviewing fictional work. Periodically, Non-fiction books will pop up that I want to read/review for personal reasons. Creating Room to Read is one of those books. I first became familiar with Room to Read and its' spectacular mission in the PBS series Half the Sky . Being an strong advocate not only for the mission of literacy and libraries, but for the empowerment and enrichment of young women as a way to improve their standards of living which is obtained through education, I am a firm believer in EVERYTHING that Room to Read stands for. Although services provided by Room to Read aren't limited to young females in the services it provides, this is what I had wanted to learn more about and I did.In 2013, I made the decision to do a Blog to Give for both of my blogs. Room to Read was one of the organizations I had been considering to place "on the roster" for my food blog, so I was shocked when I saw this book show up on Edelweiss. I immediately requested it to know more about Mr. Wood's selfless work. This book delivered that information and more in a very down to earth, heart-warming and approachable manner. I read this book very quickly because I was entranced by this man utilizing his extensive business background to bring literacy to those who are in most need of it.