The Vanishing Point - Val McDermid 3.5/5 StarsRead my full review @ http://bit.ly/SFAHhrMy opinion: First, let me premise this review by saying I am a HUGE, HUGE Val McDermid fan. I have read every book of hers minus wrapping up 2 books in her Kate Brannigan series. I find McDermid's books to be twisted, particularly her Tony Hill series, engrossing with characters and scenes so well developed that readers feel that they are present in the story. Furthermore, plots offer twists and turns that keep readers, for the most part, guessing at the outcomes and questioning beliefs in what was just read.On that note, this isn't my favorite book by Ms. McDermid. I found it to be almost tame to other works I have read of hers. While it still had the Val McDermid quality of writing, I felt it was almost commercially geared towards the female reader. It was loaded down with "references" to feelings, romance dance and other female "issues"...not a hint of twistedness, which left me feeling kind of empty after finishing it. On a small side note...Val's depiction of the incident between the incompetence of the TSA and Stephanie Harker was hilarious.