Tributary - Barbara K. Richardson Read my full review at: http://bit.ly/U6mmKoMy opinion: I don't think there is enough that I can say about this book. Followers of my blog know that I read a lot. Currently I am at over 400 books for 2012 and am hoping to reach 700 by the end of the year. Unfortunately, with reading that many books, frequently once a book is finished, it is out of site...out of mind. Clair Martin will not have this issue. I recently participated in an interview about what makes a book a gem for me. A gem for me is a book that sucks me in with not only a spectacular storyline, but a dynamic, strong main character that makes my heart "glow" to the point it makes me smile at happy moments and feel the pain during sad moments. That was Clair Martin. I can't leave this review without talking about the storyline. Not only was the main character of this book strongly written , but so was the storyline with deep descriptors of locations that made me feel as though I was inside Clair looking out and seeing what she saw. Now, I do have to add that this is a book that I could easily see being made into a Hallmark Movie Channel movie, like Love Comes Softly or Sarah, Plain and Tall. If you like the characters and settings of those movies, Tributary is a book that you will fawn over. I do have a side note. I tend to jump at books that are "compared" to my favorite writers with Willa Cather being my number one. I have read every Willa Cather book, several including My Antonia multiple times. I don't think it is right to compare Barbara Richardson to Willa Cather. Cather has a to her works that was lacking in Tributary that was written somewhat in a more modern fashion. On that note, does it detract from the awesomeness of this book? Absolutely not, Tributary has its' own personality. Now, I need to get on my soapbox for a minute. Tributary is a prime example of dynamic Indie authors and publishers that produce high quality product that can compete with any traditional house publishing houses. OK, off my soapbox!