Joanne Fluke's Lake Eden Cookbook: Hannah Swensen's Recipes From The Cookie Jar - Joanne Fluke There were several reasons why I rated this book one star. First, This book was not a simple cookbook. It was written as a Joanne Fluke book with several more recipes added into it. So, the title is deceiving. Second, The size of the book is the same size as one of her regular mysteries. More often than not, what happens is that recipes are on two pages which requires the baker to turn pages to continue on with a recipe. Third (to go along with number two), she puts "cutsy" notes in with the recipes, which required me to sort out what is cutsy note and what is recipe. Fourth, I like my cookbooks succinct in their presentation with little to nothing to distract. I know when I bake/cook, it is alot about timing and being able to move quickly, without distraction, through the kitchen. This book was nothing like that. I am very happy that I had the opportunity to review a library copy before purchasing it. This will def. not be one going on my cookbook shelf.