I Beat the Odds: From Homelessness, to The Blind Side, and Beyond - Michael Oher In the days of sleezy NFL players like Michael Vick, Ben Rothlisberger, T.O., Tank Johnson and the list goes on, Michael Oher is a breath of fresh air. His book tells the story behind the movie THE BLINDSIDE while Michael was part of the DFS system. The message is extremely positive and excellent studies are noted to give the foster care system a face. In my opinion, there is also a very positive role model message which states don't let your status in life be an excuse for making poor choices. It is really refreshing to see a young man be a positive role model for our advantaged and disadvantaged youth of today, instead of some of the morons, yes I mean you, Michael V. and "Big Ben", being shoved down our throats as supposed role models. Hopefully, the media will be able to latch onto this, but alas, I don't put alot of faith in them to have the intelligence to be able to do so.One last note on this...If you read this book, I consider it to really be part of a trilogy. The first book would be The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game, which is a must read. 5 stars from me! The second is In a Heartbeat: Sharing the Power of Cheerful Giving, which is a give or take...and then Michael's book. For those of you who are as enthralled with the movie The Blindside, once you read the entire story, as disappointing as the realization is, little is taken from the true story, which is pretty heart-warming.