Chocolate Dreams

Seriously Bitter Sweet: The Ultimate Dessert Maker's Guide to Chocolate - Alice Medrich, Deborah Jones

Read my full review: http://bit.ly/1fWU855 or http://bit.ly/1bECAc5

Synopsis: The author presents over 150 tested recipes with varying percentages of chocolates. Recipes included confectioneries, pies tarts and cakes.

My rating: 3.5 Stars

My opinion: Although I truly enjoyed this book, I felt there was definitely aspects of the book missing. Among these was a definite need for additional pictures of the "process". These recipes had levels of difficulty to them, which, in my humble opinion, would have benefited from additional pictures. I did feel that the pictures of the completed desserts that were given were GORGEOUS, but more fitting for a table book versus a recipe book, especially when the baker doesn't have specific images of how the dessert should look at critical times of baking process to ensure that he/she is on target.

On that note, these recipes were most definitely for a more advanced baker, but were identified as being easy enough for a novice baker. I say no way to that. I am experienced in my baking and there were recipes that I would have had to have taken my time with and/or seriously thought out the process.

On a side note, I must admit that I found the author's personal stories entertaining. In the past, I have ripped cookbooks apart for that, but it worked in this one, particularly because there were moments that increased my knowledge.